My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Putting Optimism To The Test...

I am one of those people that can't stand the doom and gloom side of things, and I can't stand it when other people live off of it. I wouldn't make a very good goth... I like color a bit too much... clothing, personality, view of things, etc... all must require color. So, I've been sitting thinking to myself, there are a lot of positives to the situation right now. I sat yesterday and sketched something out in my doodle-book that really caught my attention. Odd I know, to catch my own attention with my own doodle... I found words pouring out of me and onto the page around my doodle. I took a picture of it, and I think I will share with you both the positives I have found, and what I wrote because of it.

Positives:
*My pants fit. Thanks to the swelling from the infection my pants are finally starting to fit.
*I don't have a real job. I work with my dad, simply because he needs my help. If I had an actual job right now I'd be taking sick days, working with a very limited hour space as I have been putting the care of Cameron first. I feel as though home is where I am supposed to be and the fact that I haven't been able to find a job since my hospital adventure is kind of a reaffirmation of that for me.
*I have met some truly amazing people because the friendship with Stanley ended. I wouldn't have reached out and opened up had I not felt I needed to. With Stanley I had all I wanted with just one person, but with the benefit of engaging with so many different people I have the opportunity to grow from many different testimonies. Testimonies that are strong on their own, but are benefited from what we do together. (scripture study, ward prayer, FHE...etc)
*Sunnie and I have started going to the SLC temple again. OH WOW how I have missed that! The feeling of being there and being completely uplifted. I can't even express to you the feeling I get when I am there. The temple literally comes alive once the square empties out. You can feel it. It's truly amazing!
*I have been forced to rely on the Lord. Entirely. Last night at scripture study when I bore my testimony of the Atonement I surprised even myself. There were things I said that weren't from me. That in and of itself is enough strength to get me through whatever is next.
*I have had to do my Esther bible study by myself. I haven't been well enough to drive to Southeast Baptist, anItalicd I have learned so much just from having to pray for clarity and understanding, not having the introductory video before the week's study homework.

***To gaze upon the world without a thought of judgment... Set aside your prejudices, your misconceptions, and stereotypes. Take off your blinders and look around! Look at our communities, our street corners, our schools, and our homes. It's beautiful! Look at the people who walk by; pushing strollers, walking dogs, buying groceries. This Is Life! And life is beautiful! Let go of your shallow tendencies, and OBSERVE! Smile at your neighbor. Wave to the strangers, and pedestrians around you. Stop Ignoring Our World. February 21st, was the 51st anniversary of the peace sign. February 21, 1958. The symbol itself caused a revolution World Wide, people united, under a symbol and following that was the most revolutionary decade of this century. So Stop! For one moment. Stop text messaging, stop checking your email, facebook. Just Stop! Look around at the beauty you have and appreciate it! ~Peace & Love

Oh! Geez! I almost spaced this... Stanley got the internship he wanted. He is leaving for Thailand this summer. Wish him congratulations, and luck! (Don't give me that look. There are 2 things I wanted to know about Stanley. If he got the internship, and the Truman scholarship. Well, I found out this morning about the internship, and though I don't like the idea of his going to Thailand, he really wanted to go. So. Yes. Wish him congratulations. He is probably really excited. You'll also hear about the Truman when I hear about it, because I care about it.)

4 comments:

Jim and Amber Forman said...

Jess you are honestly the single most amazing person I know.

Jim and Amber Forman said...

P.S. I want to see this rose doodle in person!

Jim and Amber Forman said...

P.S. I want to see this rose doodle in person!

Jim and Amber Forman said...

P.S. I want to see this rose doodle in person!