My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I have come to learn I'll only see you interrupting my dreams at night... And that's Alright.

Thank you to Ingrid Michalson for the title of this blog...
Now, I've had some pretty trippy dreams about Stanley, but this one tops everything. The graduation speech, the trip to Thailand, running over me with things, the deja vu moments like you wouldn't believe...the list goes on... This one has me puzzling. I've decided I want your opinion of it.

It's starts with me pulling up to his mothers house, which isn't really his mum's house it's a combination of his grandmothers, mine, and his mothers house... (made for massive amounts of space on the first two floors and an unfinished basement) I walked in and he greeted me as he would normally greet me. We talked and played around, until his mother came home. That's when I had to hide in the bathroom, and try to find a way to sneak out of the house. A door randomly appeared in the wall of the bathroom that led down a hallway, through his bedroom, to the staircase and out the exit in the basement. All the while her yelling "why is she here?" (this part made sense. Stanley hid me from his family when we first started dating, and then again I was hidden after we broke up and kept the friendship... I wound up giving him and ultimatum with each time as I was tired of his lying to his family... I took the ultimatums back because I felt bad, and he eventually told his family, or they called him out on it,or whatever... either way, it was the most annoying and frustrating experience of my life. I hated not being Jess, when someone would call and ask where he was, and who he was with.) I made a run for it. I came back later, with her in the house. I knew Stanley and I weren't speaking, but I wanted to see Hailey. (his sister, whom I fell in absolute love with the first time I met her. Oh my goodness, I adore that girl!!!) She led me to a room where Stanley wouldn't see me, as this time his mother didn't care if I was there or not. I still didn't run into her, nor did I care to see her. She still didn't like me, so I avoided her. Hailey and I talked for a bit. She asked me why I didn't love her anymore, or come to play. I explained to her she and I were still friends, it was just Stanley that didn't want to like me anymore. Stanley came down the stairs and I ran for it. He saw me, and I guess followed me. I got in my car and started driving down the road when I saw this incredible house, flipped a U and headed up the street towards this house. I parked turned and saw Stanley's emerald green passat flip the same U and pull up behind me. He said 'Hi' and followed me in. We wound up in this room climbing two ladders to a shelf of books and things, looking for the architecture book of the house. I couldn't see it between the math books, coloring books, spelling books, etc. of the children that lived in that house. Stanley jumped off his ladder and started pulling mine down to secure it. He said ladders that high were dangerous and could easily fall backwards. I leaned the ladder out so he could move it backwards, and down. My ladder went higher than his did, so he shrank it to make it the same height as his, and line up the ladder rungs so that both ladders were parallel, all the time wondering why on earth he was here. He hated me. I flat out asked him what he was doing there and what he wanted when he climbed back up and we found the book. He said he was curious as to what I was doing when I turned the car around. He wanted to see me, and make sure I was okay. My heart softened at this, but I was still unsure and defensive about the whole thing. I was about to ask him why... but then my mom walked in my room waking me up, and giving me baby for the morning. One can never go back to sleep with a fidgety baby in their arms...

So, I have an idea for what it means... but what are your opinions?

1 comment:

Jim and Amber Forman said...

I have an idea as to what this means, though I'd prefer to talk to you about it in person!