My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Happy Endings

The weather today was perfect. Rain. Happy Endings - Mika. I think I've hit the repeat button 20 times. There is no better song to express, and to summarize Stanley and I. From the first time he had me listen to it. Easter 2007... we were walking to Chris' house to play basket ball with Chris and Brooke. Somehow we wound up at my house. He slept over that night. (We both fell asleep on top of my bed while talking.) It rained then too. I woke up in the middle of the night when a crash of thunder shook the windows. Stanley startled by my sudden movement asked "Is everything okay honey?" I pointed out it was raining. He said, "oh, good" and rolled back over. We woke up at 6am. I drove him home then stopped back at Chris' house, hopped the fence to the backyard and got Stanley's phone from the grass next to the trampoline. It was soaked through, so I took it home, blow dried it out, and dragged Brooke with me to give it to him... I've finally let go. At about the 15th run through of this song tears finally came. We've ended on a positive note, but it has ended. Whether tonight was the last time I ever speak to him or not, I want to thank him for everything. Though, once again I may say a bit too much... ;) I know I've said it several times, but I wish you nothing but the best. I pray you find your happiness, and you reach your dreams. Harvard, Yale, Stanford, whichever you choose in the end. I know you'll do great things. You are an amazing person, and I consider myself to be extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to have known you on an intimate level. Thank you for letting me be your best friend for a time. You truly are one of the best people I know! I hope when you look at the Orion constellation you remember the night on the golf course, and what started from that. When you get caught in a down pour, I hope Daybreak crosses your mind. At those moments when you walk into a painting store, look for Jack Vettriano, and his Dancing Butler, Dancing To The End of Love. When Christmas time comes around, write a letter to that person you care the most for, because you'll never know just how much those letters mean. Remember the Red Tree, and if you would... keep it special. I know you'll make a great father, and you'll give your family everything in this world they could possibly want. Don't doubt yourself, because I promise, if anyone knows this about you... it would be me. Anyone that has the opportunity to get to know you, the way I got to know you is going to be all the better for it. Always remember you have a special place in my heart, and thank you... for all that you have given me!


For the official music video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl4WN-aOWDY

2 comments:

Jim and Amber Forman said...

Beautifully written, you never cease to amaze me Jess.

Jess Meredith said...

Thanks Amber. I'm glad you enjoyed it!