My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Standing As Light In A Brooding Darkness


This is not going to be my typical happy ending post. I am appalled. I am hurt. I am alight with anger. I am not going to take it in silence any longer. In this mixed up, messed up world we live in, it has suddenly become the norm to blame people for every blasted little thing! No matter how far the issue is stretched, the outcome is always the fault of someone else. What happened to blaming the situation? What happened to the common understanding that it "takes two to tango?" I am not here to single any one out. I am not pointing my finger at any one person, nor do I have anyone in particular I am thinking of. I just don't understand why it is necessary to lay blame anyone at all! Bugger it I say. Throw it away. Blame is useless. It attains nothing, and goes no where. The who's fault is who's dance goes around in circles. It makes everyone sickly dizzy.

Let Me Explain:
You come home to your room having been cleaned, organized, and decorated at your return home from a holiday trip. In stead of thanking them and smiling at the work your family and friends did for you, you run screaming about an invasion of privacy, and no respect for your property. You stew over it for weeks, striking out at anyone and everyone you live with. Making yourself, and those around you miserable. Or pehaps... A friend is in a horrifying situation. So, like any good friend, you worry, you stress, and you pray. The worry has made you sick, the stress has fumbled your thoughts, so you stay home from work that day. As time passes your friend pulls out of it, and life continues on as normal as possible. Wait a minute, No! It can't carry on as normal because you missed a day of work! It is no longer gratitude for being able to spend another day with them, it's suddenly their fault you missed work. Next thing you know feelings of bitterness and anger arise. Well, that sucks for you! It should be a compliment you had a bond with someone deep enough to be effected that greatly... There are many scenario's like these that I have painted, but I think you get the point. I would feel sorry for those people who need to blame someone for every little thing that goes wrong in their life, but I don't see what my pity would do for them. Wouldn't it be better if you simply let go of the bitterness?

Oh! And one more thing...

Lies. Useless. I don't care how small a lie is, or how "white" it seems to be. A lie, is a lie, is a lie! It's just an excuse you say? Wrong! An excuse is a lie you tell yourself to rid your heart of guilt. OH! But! They'll never know...! Whether that is true or not, how can you live with yourself knowing the real truth of the situation. Replace a few words, drop a few facts, it isn't a lie per se, it's a new truth... No! A simple re-phrasing, or minimizing of the truth is still a lie. I don't care if you don't agree, every person has a right to know the truth, the WHOLE BLASTED TRUTH. Try a moment of truth. I promise, the clear taste will leave you forever wanting more... If you aren't willing to tell it, I am. I'll deal with the consequences, no fear!

I am not afraid to walk alone. I am not afraid to stand up for what I believe in. I am not afraid of accepting responsibility for my actions. I am not afraid of being independent. I feel no need to lay blame on any one person. I see no point in lying, or playing the role of mouse. I am not invisible, and my opinions are my opinions. I am stubborn. I am head strong, and yes, I am a fiery soul. There is no point in trying to tie me down, or talk reason when I am determined to do something. Especially when I know I am right, and in both situations I am right! I have every right to defend myself. I have my side of the truth, and I will shed what light I can.

I am sorry if anyone feels I am being judgemental, stepping out of bounds, or singling anyone out in saying this ... but I make no apology for my beliefs, thoughts and feelings. This is my place to state my opinions. That is the beauty of an opinion, you can have one, and not be agreed with. In the end, you will do what you feel is right, and I will do the same.

1 comment:

amrust said...

Very interesting post, who?what?when? and where? I love you!