My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lost In The War


Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

In the days of old, men, women, and children ran around hoping for a new day. A new world. A better way of life. It hasn't changed much in the present days. Everyone is running around, trying to keep up with technology, and the fast paced way of a city that never sleeps. It happened one day, standing in the middle of Salt Lake City. It hit me. I was the only one with a smile. I had my sandles in one hand, the other was open. Letting the air pass through my fingers. I had been lost in a day dream. In the middle of a busy city. I was walking to a meeting, only I wasn't in a hurry. I didn't feel rushed. Though I was closer to my time marker than I'd have liked to have been. My eyes were on the clouds, watching them hurry past, and wondering what it would be like to fly through them. I really am very child like, and in truth I don't mind. When did losing innocence become part of growing up? You can be adult and still love playing in the grass, swinging on the swings, and finding shapes in the clouds. It's the simple things in this life that bring about the simple joys. Hasn't it been said Joy stays longer than happiness. Happiness is fleeting, but joy is eternal. Why then are we all lost in the war of reality? The fear of and from war is more crippling than the actual happen stance. Why not then brave the smoke filled sky. Pray for rain to clear the air, and notice the colors around you. If you fly high enough, you'll find the sky is always blue. Don't lose touch with reality. Every kite has a tie to the ground, but those that fly in the wind see much more than those standing in the shadows of a tree, afraid of getting stuck in the branches.


...If you fly high enough, you'll find the sky is always blue...

2 comments:

Jim and Amber Forman said...

I love love love love love the very last line!

Jess Meredith said...

I think I repeated it about 3 times... but that just goes to show how much I loved it too!

And yes, for those of you reading this comment, I did come up with that line all by myself.