My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Always Will I Remember...


Daddy's Girl

All my life I've wondered
Does the man who created me, love me?
Through photographs and old memories I have plundered

I love the dad I knew
But a piece of my heart was missing.
I needed the truth only one could construe

A fierce search I began
I was desperate for answers
I had to find this far away man

Though many years passed
I never gave up hope
I had to find the man of my past

I saw a light finally shine in the dark
I found the man I so desperately sought
From the first moment there was a spark

I knew my search was through
Forever will I be my daddy's girl
Always will I remember, the day he first said "I Love You"


My darling friend Victoria Lastoria has recently found her biological father. Her story isn't one that is commonly replicated. She lived with her biological mother, and was adopted by her mother's second husband. Victoria still loves the father she knew fiercely, though he has since passed away. But she needed to know where exactly she had come from. (Don't we all have the desire. To know all of what makes us who we are?) It has taken years to find this man from her past. This guy who was a piece of her, though she had never met him. She was so excited when she finally found him, and loved him from the first moment she saw him. Knowing I love words, and having asked me for help with poetry previously, she requested I write a poem for her to give to him for fathers day. Together we tried to create the story with a few simple stanzas. Amber K. finalized it all with attaching the poem to a picture of Victoria. Pleased with the final product, she framed it. All of this was Victoria's idea, and I think it is beautiful! I really like the work we did, and so I am sharing it with you. I switched the last line a bit after we had completed it all, but either way. It really is perfect! Absolutely perfect!

No comments: