My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

You Jump I Jump Jack...

Woman was created from the rib of man: Not from his head to be thought of only, nor from his hand to be owned, nor from his foot to be beneath, but from under his arm to be protected, from his side to be equal, and from his heart to be loved...

I don't say this much, but I miss being loved by someone. I know my pen-friend from London isn't going to amount anything, no matter how many times he says I love you, or how badly I'd love to just fly out there to spend my day with him. Listen to him describe the places we would go, and the things we would do if we had forever. The sweet way he describes me, and the many tender names he calls me, cannot draw me to him. Not because I don't want them to, but because they should not. He doesn't have my same way of life... but it has been so long since I have felt special in the eyes of someone. Someone to be cherished, and enjoyed. I was thinking about how the beginning of a relationship is one of my very favorite things of the whole experience; while watching my favorite episode of Gilmore Girls. Logan takes Rory to the Life and Death Brigade outing, and he gets her to do something outside of her little box. He pulls her from her safe spot and gets her to do something she never would have done otherwise. They climb up this 7 story wire structure in formals, secure themselves to a chord, the girls hold an umbrella, and they all jump... Logan turns to her and asks "Do You Trust Me?" she replies with "You Jump, I Jump Jack." He takes her hand and they jump. It is my favorite because this is how they start off their relationship, though neither of them realizes it. Logan isn't someone who settles for just one girl, but he agrees to be the boyfriend for Rory as the season continues. He wants to try and be that type for her, and that is just amazing to me. That he would not only tie down his free spirit for her, but help hers become a little more free. In fact as time goes on they are just the picture perfect couple. They have their hard times, and struggles, but they make it through. She turns him down when he proposes to her, but he is such a different guy when that times comes around. Your heart breaks with his, but you just know the girl he does wind up with is all the better because he was with Rory. I want to be that. I don't know that I'll turn down my Logan (especially if he is half as cute, amazing, and one of a kind as Logan) but I want people to turn and say "He is so much better because of her" and vise versa. I want someone to pull me from my comfort zone, to experience life with me... Is that so much to ask? Is there a Logan out there for me? Please say there is because I am so tired of looking, and it's not worth it if I can't find that person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.