My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Use A Condom... and P.S. Remember Your Jacket...

So... it's October... just in case you were wondering. I opened the store today (Michaels Shoe Repair) as my dad was having a late morning helping my mom out. (She is 7 1/2 months pregers) I came in tidied up a bit, and just sat through the regular morning lull. Once my dad finally rolled in he asked me to do his deposits. Thereby resulting in my having to walk to Chase bank... It's cold outside. Silly me... I saw the sun and expected it to be warm! Walking back to the store I my teeth started to chatter. I know, I know... I need to get fat for winter, but that just doesn't seem like a possibility. Summer weather is finally gone... it's the season for the light jackets again. Ha! light jackets... in Utah... funny!

Holy shnap! When did it become a capitol offense to say hello to a person!? I think it's funny if I am going to be honest with you... Here's the story... So, Jessica 'Ameena' (as she prefers to be called by her middle name) Khan. A sweet girl (so I'm told) quiet from what I've seen, and reserved. I sent out a friend request on facebook. I personally would actually like to meet this girl as a fair few of my friends are rather friendly with her, and simply rave about this girl. I've only ever heard good things about her. Well, I get a text from Stanley asking why I had requested her as a friend. I asked if it was a bad thing. He said no, just that he was curious... Heaven Forbid I say hello... I can understand if I startled her, but why not actually talk to me? I promise I'm not that scary. I don't bite, and I don't glare at people as they pass by. In fact I'm quite personable... or so I like to think.

For the music junkies out there... (Okay, for those of us who actually record the noises we make with musical instruments...) there is a perfect way to mute the microphone to get that soft sound, without the boxed tint on the edges. Use A Condom!!! There is a story, don't worry! When recording drums you typically have to put the mic on the opposite side of the room as drums are extremely loud... Hello duh... anyway, there is such a thing as a mic mute box, but it gives the recording a sort of echoy, drums-in-a-box sound. We tried a sock, but the fabric was too heavy, and muted it too much... Micheal's sock made the mic look like an oversized banana. Naturally that lead to penis jokes, (boys and their dirty humor) so after a good laugh I got the brilliant idea to use a condom. I had never actually seen a condom, except for that YouTube video of the idiot boy stretching one over his head... so this was going to be an adventure. (side note - did you know they have scented and flavored condoms!? GROSS!!! Somethings really should not be that close to your face...) It worked! Ladies and Gentlemen the perfect way to get the perfect sound for your drums, or electric guitar is to stretch a condom over you microphones. Please though... use a new one... :)

I learned last night that it is okay to call your best friend simply to vent! It was the coolest lesson ever! It felt weird not having anything to really talk about, but simply wanting to yell and scream and have someone on the other end of the phone. Stanley is a good sport and laughed for the most of it. Apparently it's fun to listen to me be grumpy... his words, not mine. It was the longest phone conversation we'd had in a long time. Of course we went off on tangents, and he is always "mr. fix-it" when I have situations come up... or don't. His suggestions and opinions are always welcome... whether I think so or not. :)

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Oh the life of YOU! You are one of the few people I know that can put a somewhat positive spin on anything. I love that about you and I love you!