My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Classic Stanley and Jess Outing

I know a few of you have been wondering what on earth I was talking about when I said Saturday I had a classic Stanley and Jess moment. Well, awhile back Stanley and I would go to dinner or a movie regularly. We used to call them outings because they weren't dates, it was just us hanging out. Well, the last time we saw a movie together was erm... January/February-ish. It was the Atonement... so whenever that was in theatres. The last time we went to dinner was my birthday, and the last time we did lunch was his birthday. This Saturday we went to Jamba and a movie. Something the both of us have needed for ages! Everyone knows that Jamba is also a classic Jess and Stanley move. When we couldn't do a movie, or dinner we'd either get shakes from Arctic Circle, or Jamba and hit up somewhere with a view, and just talk for a bit. We have our regular places and quirks just like any close relationship. Ours are just a bit more random... Anyway, We met about 12:30ish at the District Jamba Juice. He surprised me by opening with a hug and an "I missed you." We decided I'd pay for Jamba, and he'd get the movie. He got the pomegranate, while I got my regular peach perfection. We drove over to the Megaplex, I climbed in his car as he had a new song he wanted me to listen to. He had to eat his Chick-fil-a (however you spell that) chicken sandwich, to which he had me try. We finally got inside after a bit, and he had a smidgen of trouble with the card thingy to purchase your tickets (yes, I had a laugh while he struggled... aren't I the greatest best friend!?) We saw Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist. It was actually pretty funny. I give it a 3, while Stanley gives it a 2+... We had to split after that as he had to book it to work (Ruth Chris Steak House - downtown somewhere) and I promised Leesa I'd be home right after. Let me just say... OH MY HELL I MISSED MY BEST FRIEND! We've hung out and what not, but we haven't had a classic Stanley and Jess outing in ages. Where he wasn't letting school, work, or anything else stress him out. We had casual banter, and easy laughter. It was fantastic! I Loath, abhor, and all other words the portray hate and spite, time limits. We have almost always been on a time limit, but it didn't feel like it which is something he's gotten pretty good at when he wants to. We didn't bicker or have one of our pointless arguments. It was an easy time, and it carried on into Sunday. Amy, Alaina, Brooke, back me up here. We didn't have any bickering right! Just sarcastic banter, and our normal written conversation. I did think it funny that the bishop kept trying to catch my eye in sacrament though. (Stanley was completely out... thanks to my amazing back rubs... hahaha!) Stanley and I met Ethan. Amy's other... we both approved. They were cute and cuddly on that back bench. It was rather adorable. Sorry Amy, but that is the truth of the matter! Alaina and I were threatening to take a picture. I even whipped my phone out of it's normal holding place... Amy burst into fits of laughter when I did this... and as I was also laughing too hard to take the picture we don't have one of the two of them cuddled together on the pew.
GAH! I also 'hung' out with one of Stanley's co-workers D. Christian Smith on Saturday... Ladies, I know he is some-what easy on the eyes, and seems to be a nice guy; but he's only out for one thing. I promise. I had some serious Cory flashback when I was with this kid. Granted he taught me how to play pool, of that I was happy about, but the rest... not so much... I didn't know we were facebook friends until he opened up facebook chat, and we started talking. He is an RM, was LDS, but now is basically a man-whore. He lost his virginity a month ago, and is eager to go at it again. Watch yourselves. He stole Sunnie's number from my cell-phone and hasn't stopped talking to her, though he hasn't said a word to me since I turned him down when he started making advances. NCMO's are fine, but try and pull my shirts off... and you're not going to be making babies any time soon. ;) There is a reason I wear about 3 shirts at all times. 1st I am cold almost all of the time. 2nd I learned the hard way, most guys are after only one thing. Be careful of him!
Oh, and Stanley has my digital camera this week. He is in Illinois, and Michigan for fall break. I told him he had to take pictures and sent him off with my camera as he doesn't really enjoy carrying around his own. (It's a really old one) So... my normal stress outlet is gone and I am not going to bring out my SLR while it is FREAKING SNOWING!!! BAH! I am relying on you (Amy, Sunnie, Brooke, Marisa, Alaina... NO BOYS!!!) to keep me entertained and distracted from the fact that my camera is half way across the map... I trust Stanley with all that I am; but remind me of this, because I'm starting to freak out.

No comments: