My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Melancholy Smile...

"There is only one day that you and I have to live and that’s today. There is nothing we can do about yesterday except repent, and there may be no tomorrows. The thing for us to do when we arise from our beds as God gives us a new day is to pray that whatever comes to our hand we will do to the best of our ability."
-President Spencer W. Kimball

Have you ever wanted to run somewhere far away, and just start everything over...
Somewhere so foreign to you...
somewhere so new...
Where no one knew your name...

You win Stanley. I give up. You finally beat down the optimist. When I received the first phone call, I didn't want to believe it I would not have thought you capable of something like that. Then, when I got the second phone call giving me the same story I broke down. I've done some pretty stupid things in my time, but never could I do anything like what you did. I'm sorry you felt that was okay, and that I wouldn't ever find out. I couldn't ever hurt someone I cared about as much as you once cared about me, as badly as you have hurt me. I don't care how passionately I felt against them. I think what hurts the most Stanley, is that you put yourself on the same level as Micah. And that breaks my heart, because you are so much better than he is, and so much more than he could ever hope to be. Congratulations on the internship, and with how far you got into the Truman process. I hope you make it into Harvard, and I hope you find everything you are looking for... but right now I also find myself hoping our paths never again cross ways.

...I'm tired of playing, because all it does is make you care too much...

Isn't it funny that a tight embrace is enough to mend a broken heart, to repair an un-kept promise, and make a day better. A simple hug from someone you love is enough to express gratitude, love, and share the joy of an accomplishment. There is no way to replicate the feeling of security you feel inside the arms of someone you trust. Some days it's all you want... most days it's enough... but then there are times when a hug holds you back. When the memory of someone holding you close and making you believe everything will be okay moves you to tears. It's in those moments you step away, and you have to hold yourself... It's feeling like your entire chest is going to cave in, so you wrap your arms tightly around you to keep everything together. It's in those moments when you need that hug the most, from that one person that could make everything better... just because he cared... but you know it'll never come, so you pick up your heart and dust the pain away. Put it on a shelf to be remembered some other day...

No comments: