My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Appreciation, and the trust of a heart goes only so far...

I received a phone call this morning from a very upset Stanley. He sought me out to make sure I knew he was in no way saying anything, nor doing anything against me. I am going to stand by him, in believing that the rumors I spoke of in my last post were in no way from him. He and I had a good run, and we'd both like it to remain in a positive light, for the both of us. Neither of us will be speaking ill of the other, nor will I be engaging in any activity that would darken the memory I have of that relationship. For those of you who would wish to spread negativity about our friendship, or him, or me for that matter... don't do it near me, I don't want to hear it... and don't expect it not to be found out. Whether this labels me as in denial or not, I would rather be able to think back to these past 6 years, smile and laugh at the memories, than to feel hurt and pain because someone felt the need to create drama.
I can't and won't speak for Stanley, but given his reaction I feel pretty confident in saying we won't hesitate to contact the other if we think something is wrong. Seriously wrong. He and I agreed on a clean break, and if I found out something had dirtied that... especially if it hurt him in any way. I'd do what I could to resolve it. It seems he would to. I have a slight inclination to believe that whomever these people are that are stalking me and asking me questions about things which do not concern them, are the culprits behind the drama. Stanley and I talking this morning should not be viewed as a success. Neither one of us wanted to have to speak again to smooth out something that wasn't even real in the first place. If we decide to talk, it needs to be on his and my terms. Not yours.
You need to understand and accept that Stanley and I have ended on a good note. We will keep it that way. He proved to me this morning that that is as important to him as it is for me, and it needs to be something you as the public respect. Yes, we were close, and yes it is horribly sad that we had to end our friendship... but that is between us. I will do what I can to keep things smoothed out. And the details of what happened between us... between us, and keep it as a positive thing in my mind. Because we owe that to one another. And I'm sorry, but I'm not going to put up with anyone trying to muddle that up for me.
I may vent publicly, and put my life on display, but I take care to make sure what I write is absolute truth (as far as I am able to find), and I take a lot of people in to consideration when I sit down and write something that includes anyone other than myself... I still care deeply for Stanley, and respect him as one of the absolute best people I have ever had the pleasure to meet and get to know... and you know what, I probably always will. That is just the type of person that I am, and that is just the type of friendship/relationship we had.
So Thank you, but... but with all do respect... butt out!!
What needs to be remembered is... each movement we make not only affects us, but everyone around us. Even those we cannot see... some that we may not even know... What I do, and what I say, I speak and do with care. I ask only the same of you.

No comments: