My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Day 17 (11/2/10) - Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why

Hmmm, someone I would want to switch lives with for one day? In all honesty I don't know that I want to switch lives with anyone right now, but if I had to, I'd have to say Joseph Smith. As for why I'd have only this reason, to know him better. I've been reading The Story of Jospeh Smith, writen by Lucy Mack Smith. I would love to understand what it was he felt, and everything he had to go through. I think it would give me a better understanding, and a greater appreciation for everything he has given to the world, and to me personally. I know that is funny to say, but without the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I truly would not be where I am today. I would not have the amazing people I have in my life. I would probably still be an angry kid; bitter against the religion of my father, and the neglect I felt as a child. I would not understand forgiveness, repentence, or what it is to have a Christ-like love for someone. There is so much that a person gains from being an honest member of the church. Not only do the gospel principles make sense, along with the values and morals, but it really is a choice thing. It is a lifestyle that we choose. We choose not to consume alcohol/drugs. We choose abstinence. We choose all of those things that separates the LDS religion from the rest of the world, and we live them because we want to. Joseph Smith, in his faith and trust in the Lord, has given me all that. I can't say if what I just typed is going to be understood by anyone but myself, but that is my honest answer to this question.

If I must choose someone fun, and random then I'd really have to say Joss Stone. The girl is crazy! She writes music like it's nothing, has a voice full of soul, and she isn't afraid to go out and do what she believes/wants/feels like doing. She really is the embodiment of the quote: "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, give 'em hell! There are never enough trouble makers fighting for justice..."

No comments: