My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

All Because Nostalgia Came Out To Play.

Getting close to someone is something I've realized I don't do all that often. Giving someone a chance to know your secrets, and understand why you are the way you are...It sort of terrifies me. That is a vulnerability I don't often like to experience.  I have this complex, I supose you could call it -- I am convinced that People Always Leave. 

'The pitter pat of long lost days dance echos in my mind. All because a simple word brought nostalgia out to play. The game of learning a heart, is a dangerous game, tells the soul that knows people rarely stay. A new rule, or addition to be learned with each new player joining; ideas shared, and names handed round filled the days will smiles and laughter. They came to play for one round, maybe two, but never made it to the last. The game was always finished with only one set of footprints left in the playground sand.'
(originally written in 2006)

But you know, when you do get to know someone -- I mean really know them, you have this set way of speaking. A language that belongs to the two of you. Inside jokes, play-on words, and phrases that incure certain emotions, and/or significant memories. There are things you don't realize were 'special' to your relationship until someone says something, and you respond with your 'normal' retort... and they give you the "wrong" answer... It makes you miss that one person, and soon your day is lost to a walk down a lane you didn't realize was covered in crisp autumn leaves... each step louder than the next...

No comments: