My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Who Am I To Stand And Condemn Another...
















In this life we are wronged, and we wrong others. We only know and understand our side of things. We know how we feel, and we know how we think. We do not know what causes another person to act in the manner we disagree with, nor do we know what that person feels when the consequences of their actions hit them. I know that I am guilty of placing labels, and judgments on people, but I do my best to accept everyone for who they are, and who they are trying to be. I am human, and I make mistakes. We all are, and we all do, but to refuse a Child of God forgivness is something I personally cannot do.

Doctrine and Covenants 64: 9-10
9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.
10 I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.

I do not understand how a person can hold a grudge, or refuse to allow someone another chance when we have been commanded to. As Christian beings why do we permit ourselves to continually carry a heavy grudge along for an extended period of time. Do we not choose to feel hurt by someone's chosen ignorance? Do we not choose to feel happy when we wake each morning? Do we not choose to take words personally? Are we not capable of running our own lives? It is my belief that we are, and always have been. That is the beauty of free will, but to be a Christian is to look beyond ourselves and live as Christ lived. That means forgiving ALL men, women, and children of every race, creed, and nature.

Matthew 18:21-22
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

It is my belief that when Christ said to Peter, 'until seventy times seven' he meant forever. We are to forgive our brethren each and every time they do something to hurt us, and those that we care about. When a small child is hurt, that child will cry until they can no longer feel the pain. When they recieve a loving hug, or see a smile, they will pick themselves back up and continue on playing the pain forgotten and a lesson learned. Are we not supposed to be as small children? Forgiveness is a hard thing, but it is a commandment for all. No matter what you believe. This principle is in all versions of Christian scripture, and is a practice that has been asked of all of us.


2 comments:

DasFufu said...

That is an excellent thing to remember to do. Even when we feel the person has no right to be forgiven anymore, we still don't have the right to determine that. But, we can determine how their negative actions effect us in the future.

Jess Meredith said...

That is a very true statement Jenn!