My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Where Is Chivalry Today?


(Photography: Chivalry Puddle. Thanks to my friend "Oreo")

What has happened to chivalry in this world?

Readers Digest Version of Today's Story: Movie with my two favorite, and best guy friends. One says to the Other "You should walk Jess to her car, you are closer to it." Other says to One "No, I don't think I need to." One says to other "Fine, I will then." Other says to One, "No! I'll do it." Jess says to herself, "I feel like Elizabeth when Darcy assists her out of the carriage due to societal rules. It is a sweet gesture, but entirely awkard. Ugh! Forced chivary is the worst! Jess says to Other "Thank you." Other walks back to car very put out.

Moral/ lesson: "For Those who depend on social acceptance it can be seen as an unwanted burden which demasculates them." (Quote T. Torres) "Because guys are about ego. When they have to become subservient to anyone or anything, it surpresses their ego."(Quote: C. Gustafson. )  Men should get over this need to always be the bigger, better man... It is often very confusing, and un-necessary! But! All men should retain some form of chivalry. It is very flattering, and will not only win you the girl, but you'll also keep said girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, psh! Courtland's comment is only half-right. Some men genuinely enjoy making other people (particularly girls) smile! We enjoy doing things we know will make others happy, because it makes US happy! I'll admit we're probably the minority, but still. We exist. :)

Jess Meredith said...

Well thanks anonymous...

Scott Garner said...

Sorry, I was too lazy to get one of these set up. >< It's me, Scott. Though you already knew that.

Jess Meredith said...

Scott, it would only be you! But... thanks for the clarification!