My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Just Because I Happen To Have An Opinion On Everything...

Just because I happen to have an opinion on everything, I am going to broadcast my opinion of the whole Max Hall incident and share the opinion of another guy who A: detailed the 'alcohol spilling' and B: has a few good points!

While I agree this situation has been blown out of proportion, I stand by my statement that Max Hall stands as a representative of BYU, and by extension the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If he is going to give an opinion he should not have been so asinine about it. It is fine to have an opinion, but when you stand as an example for something that is bigger than you and what you see, it is better to just keep your views locked in your mouth. There is a phrase I love to quote. I got it from one of my high school teachers. (He had gotten frustrated with one of the students who was goofing off and just saying random what-not's that had nothing to do with anything.)  Mr. --- said, "Why don't you just shut your mouth and keep the stupid inside. This way people can just think you're an idiot, rather than know you're an idiot and have proof of it for the rest of your life!"

Here is what Max had to say after winning a game:
After delivering the winning touchdown pass in overtime Saturday, BYU quarterback Max Hall unloaded on his rivals.
Asked a rather innocent question about whether the 26-23 victory redeemed him for last November's five-interception game in a loss to Utah, Hall said, "A little bit, yeah. I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, I hate their fans, I hate everything."
His comments came in a formal news conference, in front of several television cameras and media members.
"So it felt really good to send those guys home," Hall continued. "They didn't deserve it. It was our turn, and our turn to win. We deserved it. We played as hard as we could tonight. And it felt really good, again, to send them home, to get them out of here, and so it is a game I will always remember."
Prodded mildly to elaborate, Hall asked, "You really want me to go into it?"
And then he continued, "I think the whole university, their fans and their organization is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year, and they did a whole bunch of nasty things, and I don't respect them, and they deserved to lose."

(The sentences that are in bold [below] are my way of expressing those words I deem most important.)
Posted By: Utah Dave
Date: Sunday 29 November 2009, at 10:13 amMessage Rating: 29
'In case some of you missed it. I detailed the incident a few days ago. Here is the Link:http://utefans.net/message.php?id=927327

A few more details on the purported "Beer" throwing incident. No beer was thrown on Max, but maybe this is the other stuff. Why because nearly all the fans who sit directly above BYU's fan base are Mormon. None of us drink, yet alone drink beer. The tally was as follows:
One former Bishop who has terminal pancreatic cancer.
One Counselor in the Bishopric.
A ward Mission leader.
Gospel Doctrine teacher.
Etc. Etc.

When max's mother in law began screaming at us. She was standing at the portal next to the exit on W29. She had security 2 feet away and was surrounded by BYU not Utah fans. When the family made the dash up to the seats to get the "Max Hall isn't living right." Sign. The guy in front of us who made the sign gave it up without incident. That may be the other stuff Max is talking about. But I am 100% sure that no Beer was thrown on Max's family in that incident.

What has bugged me from day one about that incident is that Max, still doesn't get the hypocrisy of the sign that the BYU fan was holding up. They were holding up the sign: "When your living right on and off the field magic happens." Max, how is it your fan can bring a sign that offends nearly everybody and it be OK and the other side responds with nearly the same language and it is not? Can you not see how that would offend many of the returned missionaries on the Utah team? How about the people who are on Utah that are not of Max's faith, but also religious? How offensive is that? Such religious bigotry goes both ways max.

Max let me clue you in on something. The University of Utah has the largest LDS Institute of Religion in the world. And guess what Max, those kids go to religious classes not because they are forced to, but because they want to. Max maybe you should read Alma 32: 13-15 again.

Max, finally, God doesn't care who wins a football game. It's a diversion to pass our time. A way to hang out and spend time with our family and friends. You winning does not mean the church is true or not. It does not mean you're more righteous than the other guy. It means you played hard, worked hard and got "conclusive visual evidence."

Max How many times has a Utah fan jumped out of the stands and attacked a cheerleader? How many times has a Utah player thrown punches at a BYU fan? How many punches were thrown yesterday. Max, look in the mirror, so you can see classless. Max that sign said one thing. "Max Hall isn't living right." That sign is more true today than the day that you threw six interceptions.

I cannot wait until two years from now when the "classy" Wyoming fans come back to town.'

No comments: