My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Roadside Adventures In A Colorful World...

My Inner Me: You are a person that thrives on challenge, and you often feel that you must battle your way through life, depending upon no one and nothing but your own strength, intelligence, and courage. you believe in being totally honest, true to oneself and one's own vision and conviction, even if that means standing alone. Honesty, integrity, personal honor, and authenticity are your laws and you have very little sympathy for weakness of character in others.
You are more of a poet than a rational scientist, for your mind does not function in a strictly logical, linear fashion. The language of music, art, and poetry is natural to you, and you are also able to think in highly abstract and symbolic terms. Translating your thoughts and impressions into concrete, everyday language may be difficult for you at times and consequently you may appear less intelligent or at least less quick witted and verbal than others. This was especially true of you as a child, and you probably daydreamed a good deal. You are intuitive and are able to sense what others' thoughts and feelings are, even before they acknowledge them, and your impressions are usually correct. You can be somewhat absent-minded and you become so immersed in your own thoughts that you overlook things in your immediate, tangible environment. You are extremely open-minded and believe anything is possible. Intangible or spiritual forces seem just as real to you as anything in the concrete world. Your imagination and your sympathetic understanding of other people are two of your greatest gifts.
In a world this muddled, and confused it has become more and more of a task to know who we are, and where we stand. I have had some trying times, but I think it's time the light shone through. I know who I am, and what I want in life. I will not be bound as a scarecrow. Waiting and wishing for a Dorothy to pluck me down and walk with me to the wizard. I have arms and legs of my own, though I am not alone. I have friends who'll stop and wait for me to un-snag myself from the occasional bramble or bush. They'll help me put my stuffing back in, and laugh with me at all the silly and frivolous things I do. In these days in which we live, we cannot afford to lose who we are to anyone or anything. We are each so individual, it would be a colorless world if we were all the same. I thrill in my differences, and the ways in which I am unique. I love watching people interact because of the differences. Watching 2 people who are seemingly the same, but so very different from one another. It's fun to watch the differences play off of one another, watching as they fit together, and complete the other. I pray that we all are secure in who we are, and wish you luck in your travels. I hope there are bumps along the way, but that you know that they'll be someone there to help you change that flat tire. Catch enough air on some of those turns, and speed bumps to make your tummy tickle, and send butterflies a flutter. Just watch out for po-po's... not all of them are pleasant folks. Keep your eyes on the road ahead, and stop occasionally to help those on the side. Just remember where you came from, and where you are going.

***The three pictures are courtesy of Courtland Gustafson. Painting his world with color, and a lens. One of the most unique and treasured people I have in my life!***

2 comments:

Jim and Amber Forman said...

I know I've said this a million times before, but you are truly amazing! You know yourself so well and have a control that many others cannot come near, that is to look at every situation from all angles, including the other parties point of view. You'll never cease to amaze me Jess.

P.S. We've got to get you hitting the volleyball over the net, not over hard to the left.

Jess Meredith said...

Thanks Amber. What would I do without you?

Hey... at least I can serve that damn ball like nobodies business... hahaha!