My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

And Yet You Wonder...

Sitting on a bench beneath the ivy, and bishops weed I watched. They were holding hands, and walking down the pathway not a few feet from me. It's funny... I knew it was happening. I could feel the truth. I'd had the story playing out in my dreams for weeks... And here it was. Directly in front of me. You've got to love Deja vu moments. I pulled out my cellular phone. I'd had enough of the "little white lies" from her.

"You make a lovely couple. The pause at the stairs was ever so tender." I waited a moment, then sent another... "How long did you suppose it would take for the truth to shine through? 'And the rebellious shall be pierced with much sorrow; for their iniquities shall be spoken upon the housetops, and their secret acts shall be revealed.' Have you forgotten my words of caution when we first met. No one is able to lie to me... all truth is revealed in the end, and those lies hurt only those who have let them slip from their mouths. I'm finished with these games. If you can't be honest with me, I want nothing to do with you." I sat still as she read the text messages. Looked around for me, then looked up at him. He dropped her hand, covered his eyes with his hands, turned and sat down. I wondered what her response would be. I could see she was struggling with words. I watched as her face revealed her shock, embarrassment, and worry. I waited for the familiar vibration telling me I had a new message.

"I'm sorry. I was waiting for the right time to tell you... When you asked if I had been spending time with him... When you confronted me yesterday I panicked. I am so sorry! I never meant to hurt you. Please, it isn't what you think. Let me explain."

I stood. Walked over to him, looked him in the eye. Crystal clear was the view, his eyes revealed every thought, every truth, and every pain in his heart. My eyes were cold. I had only one thing to say, petty as it was... "And people wonder why I no longer trust... I am done, my hands are washed of you." I stayed my step long enough to watch the rest of his heart break at my words. I did not, and do not care to learn the truth of the matter at this point in time. No good thing, no righteous thing comes of lies and deceit. Were his intentions pure he would have been the better man...

No comments: