My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday Love Child, And A Visit To The E.R.

Stanley and I took Cameron with us to church this morning. Now, as we are constantly asked if we are dating we knew there would be some double takes, but for the most part everyone there knows who we are and that we are just friends. Despite this, Stanley and I were asked no less than 3 times if he was our baby! We were a bit late to church this morning. We missed the first block, but made it in time for sunday school. We had a few people glance our way, but nothing dire. Sacrament went fairly smoothly. Cameron slept through the majority of the meeting. When he woke up he was a bit fussy, so Stanley took him. He calmed right down and went back to sleep for a bit. When he woke up the second time Stanley handed him to me and fished through the diaper bag until he found the bottle. I left with Cameron to warm up the bottle using a sink and warm water. I had to walk back into the chapel as I couldn't get the top of the bottle off. Stanley of course gave me a patronizing look as he popped the top of with little effort. We successfully made it through the rest of sacrament and into the cultural hall for linger longer. That was when the attack happened. Suddenly we were swarmed in a mass of single women. Asking if he was ours, how old he was, the name, and the weight. Stanley excused himself to go and help with the bringing in of chairs and tables. Slowly the single girls left and the older married ones came and took their place. Ruby, the bishops wife held him for a bit while Stanley left to go and get us Hawaiian Haystacks, and found us a table. I took Cameron back and we sat for a bit. The bishop stopped by our table to inquire as to who's baby we were tending. Patting Stanley on the back, gave us a knowing look and said... "you two will make wonderful parents." Will these subtle hints never subside!? 1. I was in the hospital 6 months ago, fighting for my life. 2. I didn't think I came across as fat... 3. The baby doesn't look anything like Stanley... Still we were asked if the baby was ours. What a funny bunch of people. If anyone knows of any homecomings or weddings going on let us know. Stanley and I have decided we should just bring him along wherever we go and tell everyone he is our love child. Make things easier on people and prove for a good laugh between the both of us !

Look at this handsome little man!

(Stanley was such a gentleman! Opened all my doors, held out all my chairs, and even served me a plate during the linger longer! He carried the diaper bag for me while I carried the baby, and then took the fussy baby from me, held him tight and buckled him into the car for me so he wouldn't be cold while we were outside. He really is quite sweet at times.)
Thursday night Stanley took me in to the Jordan Valley Emergency center. I had been driving home from a play at Pioneer Theatre when I was hit with a sudden migraine and the feeling of my left side being on fire. No warning. There were black spots in my eyes and I knew if I didn't pull over at the soonest moment I would surely hit someone. I don't know where I pulled over or how I managed it, but I was able to turn into a parking lot and text Stanley. I asked him if I could come and get him. After a bit of thought and no response from him I started to type my thoughts process out. I wound up sending them to him, heaven only knows why, but the next text he got was. "Maybe I should just try and make it to Jordan Valley on my own." he responded right as soon as he got that and said that it was alright if I came to get him. I don't know how I made it to his house, but I managed it and he kicked me out of the drivers seat and into the passenger seat. He asked if I needed to go to the emergency room, and I couldn't honestly tell him. I was in enough pain that I couldn't tell you where it hurt anymore, just that it hurt. He requested that I try and get some sleep while he drive. He woke me as we approached Jordan Valley and asked if I needed the emergency room. I still could not say. He asked what was going. I explained to him what had happened and where the pain was when I had texted him. We tried the insta-care on 2700w and 9000so. It had closed at 10pm and it was now past 11pm. I suggested we go home and see if my mom knew of any 24 hour insta-care locations or had a number we could call when out of nowhere the pain escalated and I thought my insides were going to explode. It felt as thought my lungs had collapsed, my liver, kidney, and appendix were going to burst forth out of my abdomen. I whispered "emergency please." Stanley hit the gas and sped us back to Jordan Valley. He parked the car directly in front of emergency and half carried me through the doors. He explained the situation to the nurse, grabbed the paperwork, sat me down and filled out the paperwork to the best of his knowledge, waited until my breathing had slowed and asked me for the rest. The nurse then called for us to come behind the glass to as to fill out the computer work, get vitals, and take us to a room. Stanley left my side to go park the car, and made it back in time to help me explain my medical history and what all was going on right then. We followed her to a room, again with Stanley supporting me. (Had I been fully aware of things this would have been humiliating) I was instructed to change into a hospital gown and sit on the bed. In all his knowledge of my oddities he asked me if I was folding my clothing. "yes" I responded. "Jess, stop it right now. Do not fold your clothes" he whipped around the curtain and pulled my folded stack of clothing out of my hands, unfolded the sheet, sat me down on the bed and covered me with the warmed blankets. I kept trying to apologize for everything and he kept telling me it wasn't my fault. I finally relented as a fresh wave of pain swept through me knocking my breath from me once again. Brandon, our first nurse came in to introduce himself. A woman replaced his presence and presented paperwork for me to sign. Stanley left to get the both of us some water, and I curled up into a ball. Once Stanley resumed his pacing Brandon came back in to stick me with an IV (Stanley hadn't ever seen one put in before.) take blood and find out what all was going on. After being the first nurse ever to make it in the vein on the first go round he left. About 15 minutes later an older woman in purple came in to take me down for a chest x-ray. Stanley was left to pace the room alone. I started shaking and the ladies started to "Oh you poor thing" me as they read my medical history charts, and watched me begin to shake even more violently from the cold. I was wheeled back in to the room and both the purple nurse and Stanley pulled the first 2 blankets off of me and put 2 new warmed one on me, with the 2 cooler ones on top. It was about 1 am at this point. Stanley had an 8am meeting with his committee pres., and a 1pm meeting for the Truman scholarship (to which, he is a nominee!) He was having a conversation with my current crush as well as our mutual friend Sunnie. Explaining to them what was happening at the moment and letting them know how I was doing. He was making regular phone calls to my papa. What a good friend I have! The doctor did a regular run through of putting cold hands on my stomach and pushing where it hurt. Listening to my lungs and heart. I wound up having to give a urine sample, and Stanley and I proceeded to wait for another hour and a half while they tried to figure out what was going on. She came back in and informed us I had a bad UTI (I'd never had one before. Stanley had to explain to me what it was) and an upper respiratory infection in my lungs. Joy... Not going to lie, at first it was a bit humiliating to have all of this happening with Stanley there, but after a bit I refused to let it embarrass me and chose to appreciate the fact I had my best friend there. No one else would have cared for me as well as he did. He rarely left my side, and tried to comfort me as best he could. He walked with his arm around me to support my weight and refused to cave when I tried to insist I was alright after the first bit of painkiller wasn't strong enough. He knows me too well, and for that I am truly grateful! When we got home around 3:45am he refused to let me come with him and my mom when she took him home. He insisted I go straight to bed. He made me promise I would go straight to sleep, no movies, no toying around, just sleep. I'd scared him enough for one night. How blessed I am to have a best friend like him! He sent one final text to inform both my crush and Sunnie what we had found out. He handed my mom the prescriptions so I would be sure get them, gave me a goodnight hug and watched as I walked up the stairs and into my room. I wasn't terribly happy about being made to go to bed instead of accompanying him and my mother, but knew it was for the best. Stanley and I both agreed the doctor was stretching to find a reasons behind all the pain, but it seems I've stumped the medical world again. As we have all learned, the real culprit behind the pain will show his head when the time comes, and it will serve it's purpose in happening at that particular moment. As for right now, I think this experience has helped me both in my efforts to fully trust and rely on Stanley, and in learning to appreciate him in all he does for me.

1 comment:

amrust said...

Oh my dear Jess you know your just in a singles ward, and it happens for sure. as for the infection, may I just say Stanley is not the only person that you can call after 11, whether I'm with Ethan or not!!! p.s. From what you described and having my 'educational enlightenment' you might have had a stroke, you are in SO much trouble!