My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Peace Be With You

I don't know how many of you know Celeste Nichole Poll, but trust me when I say she was an angel! I knew her older sisters better than I knew her, but I can tell you honestly she touched everyone she met. No matter how briefly. She was diagnosed with Non-Hogdkin Lymphoma last summer. If you want the whole story, the blog about it is here: http://www.celestepoll.blogspot.com/ -- I've been following it for some time, her persistent strength was incredible. After becoming friends with the two oldest Poll girls, you couldn't help but love all of that family! Celeste was always smiling, and laughing, and oh my gosh her hair!!! Always such a beautiful girl! A sweet testimony, and an incredible ability to fill a room with her infectious smile. I remember watching her during a singles ward after sacrament munch and mingle. She had brought a boy to the church. You could literally feel the joy, and happiness she was feeling. Her testimony gave you shivers, and you just knew that she did not doubt the love she felt from her Savior. She loved the gospel, and truly had a faith that was astounding for someone so young. I remember another time coming over to the Poll house to help the girls "Shuck" peas. We watched Pride and Prejudice while we worked. All the girls were so happy to help their mom. There were pictures of the family E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.  That was the most unified family I think I had ever met. When Celeste was diagnosed with her cancer it hit everyone in that family, and they all banded together like never before. It was a bitter-sweet time for them. Katie was just newly married, and Shaleece was just about to be married, and Heather was in Alaska. But their facebook's all exploded with a plea for support and prayers. The blog was put up, and the music group Celeste was a part of started putting together a benefit concert for her. (She was a student at USU.) There have been quite a few up's and down's in this battle, but in the end God must have had a higher purpose for her! His need to have her home was greater than the need and want for her here on this earth. Though I know one of the greatest blessings of this gospel is knowing families are eternal, and we will see our loved ones on the other-side... it still hurts. The pain of losing someone is very real. So, I ask my readers to please send up a prayer for Celeste's family, and friends. I ask that we all pray that they might find peace, and that they are able to find the closure they all need at this time.

Father, I know you are all knowing. I know that you always have your reasons, even though we may not understand what they are, or like it... I know that you are always looking out for us. I know that each and every one of us is precious to you. You heart aches when we do wrong and pull away just as loudly as it sings when we find you, and praise you, and follow your counsel. Lord, you give us these trials, and tests to teach us and help us grow. Sometimes they hurt, sometimes they push us to do better, to be better. But when those of us down here on earth lose someone so young, so something so devastating...I think we all need a little peace and comfort. So Father, I ask that you will be with those of us who are hurting for Celeste. I pray that we will all remember the joy that is life and living. I ask also Father that you will be with those who have lost more than one love to cancer, or early death for whatever reason. I pray that one day all of your children will have the comfort of knowing your plan of happiness. I pray that every soul will feel the joy that is knowing we will see our loved ones again. Lord, we have to trust that this was your plan. That you needed Celeste with you. We also have to trust that you know what you are doing when things like this happen. I praise you Lord, in your all-knowing love for us. I know that we will all be okay, and I cannot thank you enough for the blessing of knowing that families are forever. Father, we Love you! This I pray in Jesus name, Amen.


Celeste Nicole Poll: April 13, 1989 - April 9, 2012

No comments: