My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Courage From Within...

So, I finally sat down to write my book. I have my opening line. Want a peek?

--- 'I found him.' ---

Killer, right?

I know! When I stumbled across the facebook page for the man who's greed and selfish action nearly got me killed, and could have killed my brother as well... I knew I had found my opening line. I also know how I want to end the book. :) I ran it past Aaron last night when he came home from work. He thought it was pretty good too.

I am excited, and nervous about it all. I know it's something I have wanted to do for a long time... but I have this secret fear that it is going to suck. I suppose that is a good thing though. It will keep me humble, and hold my expectations at a real level when I finally get this ready to send out to editors and publishing companies. I'm just one of the lucky few who have a support system behind them, no matter what happens. I know that if this endeavor doesn't go anywhere, it will be okay. I have to at least try, right?

 But I'll let you in on a secret...

If this book does take off like I like to pretend it will, the first thing I will do with the money is buy Aaron his dream car. (Or truck, depending on how much I make...) It is the least I can do after all he has done for me. In all honesty, he is one of the biggest reasons I have even been brave enough to sit down and type the beginning paragraphs. He keeps telling me I'll never know if I could have made it to the New York Times list if I don't first put my words on the page.

This is for my family. For the chance that my words might give someone else hope. And for the people who saved my life. I owe it to all of them.

Wish me luck!

No comments: