My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Life is not a looking glass, Don't get tangled in your past

I have been an avid lover of Brandi Carlile since the day I first heard her music! I was introduced to Brandi just before her second album (The Story) was released. I sat and waited for The Story (2007), and then again Give Up The Ghost (2009). This latest album of hers has been a really moving one for me. The song Pride and Joy especially. It's one of those songs that will relate to so many different people, and remind you of a different person each time you hear it, but it's always the perfect song. The second chorus... Can you get any more pure than that! So much said with so little!
(Don't forget to turn off the music player [at the bottom of the page] first!)



I believe this to be true
There's nothing sacred, nothing new
No one tells you when its time
There are no warnings, only signs
And you know that you're alone
You're not a child anymore
But you're still scared

All your mountains turn to rocks
All your oceans turn to drops
They are nothing like you thought
Can't be something you are not
Life is not a looking glass
Don't get tangled in your past
Like I am learning not to


Where are you now
Do you let me down
Do you make me grieve for you
Do I make you proud
Do you get me now
Am I your pride and joy



And Then you get live performances like this...





Have I mentioned that I LOVE Brandi Carlile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE Brandi fan!

I love her newest EP album! XOXO