My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My "Pocket" Friend...

Victoria Lastoria... my delectable, delightful, dependable, "pocket friend." Yes, I did just call her a pocket friend, and no that is not dirty. (Guffawing at that... :-] ) Anyway... we have this whacked out double life thing going on. Example... our friends... we both have a male best friend who is our everything.... (when we aren't upset with them, which always happens at the same time ironically enough) We have a female best friend to balance out the testosterone influence. We have a friend who is very much in the high school mentality, that we love to death, but can only handle in small doses. The random adventures friends, the church buddy, the erm... french men), the to gay to be gay buddy, and the sister. Our family situations are a bit similar. We experience the same trials, and life adventures. It's crazy how much we are alike, but we live on opposite sides of the US. We've lost touch a couple of times, but we seem to find one another in the most needed of times, and pick up right where we left off. It's crazy to swap stories and realize we've just lived the same life... again. We dress to a similar fashion, we listen to the same music, and have the same mannerisms when we text. Which is where the name "pocket" friend comes from. We text. Constantly. Anyone will attest to this. I enjoy it though! She is always there at the push of a button! We have our differences, naturally. We are polar opposites, aside from our height and shoe size, and the natural curl to our hair. She is a music major, and I am an English/psych major. We are 2 years apart. Our family stories are similar, but vastly different at the same time. The alterations between us are slight differences, but differences all the same.
I have a deep respect, and adoration for Victoria. She is such an amazing person. She has been through Hell and back on several occasions and rises to the top of her battles. Always. Optimistic, and constantly giggling. She has such a sweet spirit, and a love for the world around her. She knows what she wants, and she isn't afraid to do what it takes to get it. That is something that demands respect. I appreciate her, and the willingness she has to put up with my constant whining about whatever is going on at the moment. Her testimony, and gifts are astonishing. This girl will go far, and I am so happy I get to be a part of it! I couldn't dream up a better "pocket" friend... I didn't know there even was such a thing... hahaha!Victoria Lastoria!

No comments: