My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Fist Full Of Glitter...

I woke this morning to a world caked in icing... powdered sugar was being sprinkled everywhere, and a crystalized candy encased my driveway as I slipped and slid down it. Aiming for my poor buried car... It took a good 15 minutes to un-cover the sad vehicle, and get the little girls inside it. Snow... "It means Christmas is coming, and the lights at temple square, and it is the perfect time for romantic moments" as Alaina put it... I've always been on the fence about it. It's cold, wet, and gray... until you hit 2am, when the world is swallowed by a delicate silence, and the snow glistens, sitting in a perfect beauty. Humming 'Once Upon A December' and dancing the waltz alone in the middle of the street has always been one of my very favorite moments in the snow. I wait until the flakes are light, and fluffy, drifting down gently to the beat of the song in my head. I twirl, and flit about... I've always been fairly negative, and rude towards Corwin Carlson Hurst, but it was on one of these nights that he offered to me one of my favorite memories. He completely caught me off guard the night we put the lights on his house. It was the night he first said "I Love You" he turned to me and said, your hair is beautiful with snow in it. You really sparkle in the snow. I think it was the cold nipping at my cheeks making them pink, but all the same it's always been one of my favorite compliments. Winter has some of the best moments in it as Alaina pointed out to me. Temple Square is a must for me. It is a tradition that I will personally kill Stanley for, if he ever flakes out on it... We walk around temple square, and then down to the Grand America Hotel, where I beg him to play the piano for me. We walk around a bit more until we are both entirely frozen. Usually we go to my house for hot chocolate or something warm. Who knows what we'll do this year as he lives in the Salt Lake City area currently... Anyway, along with winter comes the Christmas Cd... My dad is known for his orchestral concoctions This year he's cooked up some of the best work I've ever heard! Transiberian Orchestra has been given a run for their money with this next CD! I am sooo excited! I can't even express it in words! Alaina laughed and watched as I danced around the church parking lot trying to describe just how much I love creating music compositions! "AHHHHhh!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT" That was about what she got out of my rantings I think... http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2343/2093817327_22f704d893.jpg?v=This is Temple Square when my very favorite tree is lit. I call it the "Red Tree" it has quite the history... and is only lit every other year. Sadly, this is an off year. I will have to wait until next year to sit under it. :) ... Yes I do actually sit... Standing under it alone is just silly!http://www.lizasreef.com/images/Snowfall%20In%20Park%20City%20Utah%20Album.jpgHow cool is this picture! Snow at it's best! Hit up starbucks for a salted caramel signature hot chocolate! They're amazing!!!

No comments: