My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Just Call Me Sadie

Can you name the movie my title came from?

Well, I figured while I get the A-Typical married blog all set up I will update my blog on the wedding. In short, it was a royal pain in the ass!! 5 days before the wedding my car died. (It is still parked at Prime, next to my motorcycle.) 2 days before the wedding my mom bailed out, Saying I was a selfish Bitch and my wedding wasn't all about me. Also that Eva was frustrated with me, and I shouldn't be so demanding. All I said was I didn't want a penis cake at my bachelorette party... oh, and Aaron and I had ordered an ice cream cake because we don't particularly enjoy cake. (All that drama over cake. Ridiculous. But, She was right about one thing, my wedding wasn't all about me because it wasn't just my wedding. It was Aaron's too. So we made decisions together. Heaven forbid.) Anyway... after my mom bailed out of the wedding I called Eva to make sure things were okay with her. She was fine, and didn't care if Aaron and I had an ice cream cake because it was our wedding. She also let me know if she had been frustrated she would have told me. So, with that settled, I went to my dad and talked with him. He said he would make sure my mom didn't cancel the food order from Costco, and he would help pick it up. The day before the wedding I had my Maid Of Honor-Johanna with me, and Tasha Kay. They came along g for the dress fitting and hung out with Aaron and I for the rest of the day! That night we joined Brooke, Sunnie, and Jennifer back at the apartment for a small get together while Aaron put our table together in the kitchen. We had Jenn and Jo sleep over in the living room so I would have help in the morning. Well, the morning arrived and as I was in the shower, Aaron explained to my girls I had to eat during the day or I would be cranky. I was already cranky. We had found out at 1am that night my mother had bought a shirt for the wedding, was coming and wanted Jo and I to come over for breakfast. We opted to not. We had too much to do. Well, with all that lovely stress, I lost it. I started having heart pains during the night, but brushed them off. Bad idea. While I was in the shower my  heart gave a wicked twist, skipped a few beats, and I just started sobbing. I shut off the water, got a towel and walked right out to Aaron. Who at first didn't quite know how to react with me in a towel... but, he recovered and just pulled me into a hug, and calmed me down.  He left to finish a few last minute details like picking up and setting up tables and chairs. I pulled myself together and got ready for the day. Jenn drove me to Sunnie who helped me with my hair. However... at Redwood intersection of 4100so. and Redwood Rd there was an accident. A white mini van driven by an illegal immigrant with no insurance had hit a cop on a motorcycle. She hit him so hard it totaled the van, knocked the cop out of his boots, shot him 60ft in the air and 20ft out. You could still hear him screaming in the gutter when I got to the salon. Needless to say, traffic was a nightmare. It got even better when I learned Aaron had come back to the apartment while I was with Sunnie, Jo had left the apartment, and it was now locked. My keys were inside. I had to call Aaron, and wait for him to unlock the door so Jo and I could get my dress put together. Anyway... we were running late. Classic right? Late to your own wedding... but we were late for helping set up... Until we realized there was traffic all the way down 9th east. We spent 45 minutes trying to get from 4500 so to 6200so... doesn't normally take that long. Hahaha! In the end it went alright. We lined up and attempted to walk without laughing too hard. Miranda and Emma had started the walk, but rather than follow the words of everyone and walk to my mom at the front, they sort of wandered. Ryan cracked a joke, and we all started to snicker. It was so fitting. The rest of the evening proceeded to be unpredictable, and quite memorable. Though we still have yet to get our wedding pictures back... we had two photographers. Both talented men, and we are infinitely grateful for offering your services! My daddy teared up as he explained the choice for the song we danced to. My dad wrote the song. It was a song I used to fall asleep to as a child. I would stay up as long as my eyes would let me and listen to him write this song. The older I get, the more I understand the song, 'The Road' which you can actually get on itunes. (The road - The M-AK) It was just a fun evening! Aaron and I left a bit early. We were both exhausted, and just ready to leave. We ran through a a bridge of sparklers to a very decorated truck, and parted ways with our guests. At the apartment we received another surprise. Jenn had made a path of rose petals and candles that led from our front door to our bed. I literally laughed, right out loud. I couldn't help it. It was just too picturesque, and I was so flattered at her attempt to make at least one thing about us. Aaron carried me across the thresh-hold in true Aaron/gentlemanly style. Together we blew out the candles, cleaned up the petals and changed our clothes. We had friends coming over. We spent the rest of the evening with friends, and then sleeping. Yes. Sleeping. No sex. Just sleeping. The weekend followed suit. We left the city on Sunday and went up to Petes Hole for a few days. Which were lovely and exactly what I wanted! This first month has been fantastic! Being married to Aaron feels so natural. Which has been a blessing, as real life hit us kind of hard the weeks before and after our wedding. But Aaron is unbelievable! He knows how I work, and he just understands what I need without my saying anything! We have been living true to newlywed style. Flat broke. Hahaha! Which I am truly grateful for! I never wanted to be given the easy life when I first started out. We have been blessed to be able to make ends meet, and not having over-drawn bank accounts. But it is a matter of serious budget work, and learning to trust and lean on one another. We have constantly remind ourselves that we have more than others, and family that has been working above and beyond to help us out! I am so excited to see what happens with our next billion months together!

No comments: