My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

"A man, when he wishes, is the master of his fate."

I have this fascination with wishes. I've had it for as long as I can remember. There are so many things people wish upon. Stars, a time of day, dandelion seeds, four leaf clovers, birthday candles, necklace latches, fountain coins, shadows, sentimental items, the list goes on and on. So many wishes, so many dreams, so many hopes thrown out into the universe...
I find it all fascinating. Every person has a secret wish, or hope that they carry around with them. It's almost as though it's a warm stone in their pocket. Something they are always aware of. Always twirling around in their hand. I want to know what it is they are wishing for. I want to know why they are wishing for that one particular thing. I want to know if their wish ever comes true.



"Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes and by fulfilling them."
"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true."
“To a resolute mind, wishing to do is the first step toward doing. But if we do not wish to do a thing it becomes impossible.”

1 comment:

Jess Meredith said...

So Tasha, to answer your text message question... (I don't have my phone with me at this moment...)
I changed my background because 1: I tend to put my wishes, or wishful musings on my blog. 2: Blue seems to be the color of wishes. 3: Dandelions are the things I wish upon the most.