My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Bird Meets A Budget...

My dad says I've hit the nesting stages of pregnancy...

I like to think I am just learning ways to save money, while providing cute clothing accessories for this baby girl!

Example: I am borderline obsessed with baby shoes, and hats.

 -- So I am learning to crochet, as the price of yarn and such is usually around $5.00.

Thus saving me lots of monies that otherwise would be spent on shoes, and little baby hats from a retail store. It also gives me something to do while Aaron is at work all day!

Here is one of my methods of learning.

You Tube Videos...

Chunky Style Baby Hat:


Basic Crochet Baby Blanket:


Basic Crochet Flowers:




Mary Jane Baby Slippers:


...And my Grandma Gus. She has always been a phenomenal seamstress! I figure if anyone will know how to read a pattern, and be able to teach me -- she will.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously impressive. I tried to knit a hat one time and well, it was big enough for a skirt, on a large, very large pregnant woman. No bueno.

Jess Meredith said...

Haha! You are one brave woman for attempting to knit! I'd probably poke someone's eye out! Crochet is a lot safer for someone like me!