My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Expect the Unexpected... Due Date: May 5, 2012

The rumours are true. Aaron and I are expecting. Neither of us anticipated getting pregnant this early on, as we were told it would be a struggle for me to conceive with ovarian cysts. But here we are! 17 weeks (tomorrow) and Due May 5, 2012... though with each person we talk to, the date changes. So sometime in late April, early May! Haha! We are prepared for a hard pregnancy. We have had a few issues lately... I find myself in a fair bit of pain when I stand for an extended period of time. (Though by some grace of God the cysts have all disappeared! I can't tell you the relief that brought!)We have an appointment with our OB on Thursday, and we hope to learn more from him than we did at the hospital last Tuesday. Maybe even find a way to relieve some of this pain! My personal goal is to not be put on bed rest in my third trimester! I've been trying to find some seasonal work so I can build up a savings and meet our goal of being debt free (With the exception of our car loans...) at least by the time the baby comes. Though, I want it cleared away by my birthday, or before, if possible! This goal will only be met if I can stay healthy, and maintain the ability to move around. Ie: No bed rest demands from our Ob! But! If any of my readers have elastic band skirts, or dresses they no longer wear (Size, doesn't matter. I can take anything in, and adjust sizes.) or know of a place to buy them cheap I would greatly appreciate any help in that area! All of my skirts are zip-up, and baby D doesn't appreciate being smashed, or having part of it's moving room taken away. This baby LOVES moving room. (I'm one of those lucky women who started feeling baby move around 15 weeks because I didn't have enough fat. So now everything is extra squished.) As for now, we are simply taking everything day by day!

2 comments:

Oblivion said...

I was just randomly searching for someone who is expecting around the same time as I am. I cant believe how similar our stories are. I have been told to expect the little one around the 5th of may but the day changes every visit I make to the doctor... so this baby is also probably going to make his/her appearance late April also. Our pregnancy was also a bit of a surprise. I have multiple cysts in my ovaries and also have a fibroid and some endometriosis... so finding the positive test result was enough to knock me off the toilet seat. :) I have been put on bed rest through most of the pregancy... which has been both painful and tiring... the first two months were not as bad as the ones that followed... some bleeding... and then I was put on complete bed rest... I am taking it as easy as I can... my ones a little wobbler too... cant keep still...loves thumping and bumping from side to side. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and I hope both our little blessings have wonderful lives ahead of them... would be lovely to hear from you (candiiilight@gmail.com)
love
Q
x

Jess Meredith said...

Congratulations! It's a wonder what our bodies can do! I am so happy you shared your story! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I hope it smooths out for you!