My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Once Wanted, Now Un-Loved...

Will the day never end? My head can't hold much more, and my feet won't go much further. Can't I just rest my heart? Please, just for a day. I promise I won't leave it sitting out, but could I please pretend it's home for a moment while I catch my breath? Won't you sit with me a while and let me cry to you? I won't let the tears splash your pants, and I won't ruin your shirt, I just need an ear...


Today I learned being wanted doesn't always mean being loved. No child should be un-wanted but loved, or wanted but un-loved. A child should be wanted and loved, or there should be no child given. The words of Brandi Carlile came to mind as I began to realize that there are children out there who were once wanted but have lost the love a parent should have for a child, and the love that a child needs to reach their full potential in this life. That some children have to let go of the people they were born to and accept other figures/forms of that parental figure...  'I don't think you ever learned a thing from me, but I'm sure that you want me to learn from you. And you've drawn heavy handed lines around morality about yourself and I don't share your point of view. It's been time to let you go a thousand times, you'd never know that it hurts to be the one that you regret. I have to say that I am proud to know you. I'll never be the same because we met. You might not miss this, but I will...'

No comments: