My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Reality TV

I have decided my life just needs to be a Reality TV show! Every day something happens that just makes me stop and laugh at the entire situation. 

Example: 
Today, Cameron and I went into my parents bedroom. The door shut, no big deal right! I go about my business. Get Cameron dressed and ready for the day, when I go to turn the nob to leave... Comedy strikes! The doornob turns but the latch doesn't turn with it. I turn the nob the other way hoping the door is just playing a trick. The latch doesn't budge. I can't help but laugh as I shake the doornob half-heartedly knowing I am stuck fast. My cellphone was in my bedroom, and after a quick search of the master bedroom all I had was an earing, and a random miniature flathead screwdriver [that I found in the make-up drawer... someone explain this to me]. The earing was the only thing I could find to unscrew the doornob. The screwdriver was a bit to big, and the screws needed a philips screwdriver, not a flathead. Once the doornob was off I realized the latch was no longer attached to the main body of the doornob contraption. Thus the reason it wouldn't twist. Now for the tricky part... there is only one way to get the body of the doornob out of the door once you have the handles off. Unfortunately that requires the door to be open! So, I moved on to the hinges. I didn't know if the door would open even if I managed to get the door un-hinged, but I was desperate and willing to try anything. I used the mini screwdriver to push out the top hinge pin (Thank heavens that one was easy to do, as I am a little on the short side and had to reach standing on my tip toes...) the other two wouldn't push out. I tried to wiggle the door. I tried to use all my body weight. Nothing. I knew my dad's drill used to be in his room, and there was a tool kit at one point, but I hadn't been able to find either of them in my first search. I said a quick prayer, (somehow I remained calm and collected though highly amused during this whole ordeal) and went about searching again. There wasn't anything in the walk-in closet, under their massive bed, or on top of the wooden canopy. (Though I did find Ryan's missing birthday gift of 2 years!) I even checked behind and under the couches! On a whim I pulled one of trees out of it's corner, (My mom loves green things, so we have one too many fake plants of some sort or another throughout the house.) low and behold there was the pink tool kit! After a quick thank you sent to the heavens I was able to use the hammer to push the final two hinge pins out! I was able to fit my fingers underneath the door so I could pull the door and see if it would come out of it's place. My first try was a little interesting. I was able to pull the bottom corner out but the top was stuck, and the door wouldn't move anymore as the latch was holding the door fast in place. Cameron tried to help a bit by banging on the door. I knew I would be stuck in the room until about 4pm if I couldn't get the door open, and it was only 11:30am! I pushed the door back in to place, and pulled it back out again. This time all 3 hinges came un-done, but it wasn't enough to wriggle my fingers in-between the door and the frame. I tried it again, finally it came off enough I could fit my hands between the door and the frame and tug. I was afraid I'd break the door [it's hollow] but when I tugged the latch flipped out of the door. It was a little hilarious... Who knew this stuff happened in real life!? 

To quote Courtland "Oh my word, your life is an adventure at worst! I think I'd laugh myself to tears. You are most definitely a woman with your ability to innovate!"

Thank the Heavens God has a sense of humor, and gave us the ability to laugh!

No comments: