My Baby Girl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Fire In The Hole!!!

Fire is a beautiful and terrible thing all at the same time. Neither paintbrush, nor camera has ever been able to capture the wonder that is fire. It has all of a mind, soul, and desire of it's own, and if left un-tamed it will go wild. Take for instance a candle, it's wax, and wick are encased in glass or some kind of glass protector typically... but what happens when the glass becomes too hot, or the wax begins to bubble. I'll tell you, angels come and warn you that your house is about to explode, so you jump over your best friend and bolt to your little sisters room only to catch that flame as it is about to lick it's way up the walls covered in waxy and flammable paint, then move on to the highly explodable night lamp. Though I didn't hesitate to smother the flames, The image is forever burned into my memory, as well as the voice of the spirit guide or angel that warned me that noise I was hearing wasn't water but boiling wax about to burst forth and take hold of what we had been blessed with. The people inside of it, the parakeets, our house of the past 7 years that we had pushed, scrimped, and stressed over, every worldly thing we have would have been sacrificed by negligence and a destroying beauty. That simple image of the flames over taking that small glass is one of awe inspiring and flooring intensity that will forever thrill my heart. The flames were white, blue, and a hint of orange signifying intense heat. The glass dome the candle was in was deformed, and charcoaled. Other than ringing in our ears and fear adrenaline running through our veins we were all un-harmed... though I personally was touched. We'd all received small warnings of having that flame going in her room. Right before Stanley came over I was reminded of the last candle incident we'd had. I was Leesa's age, and my candle slipped off my night stand and lit my carpet on fire. Somehow it missed my bed and I was able to also simply blow that fire out as well. The carpet is still missing; we've placed a rug over it. The burn marks are in the shape of a child’s foot and a heart. I have my own suspicions behind the shapes left from that incident, and the way that I was told to run to my room for that fire also. Still, I ignored it thinking it is firmly in the middle of her desk, it will be fine. Leesa was told several times to go put the candle out while she was downstairs doing homework but ignored it until the alarms went off and I started screaming at her. Stanley was in a state already as we had been in a forced (on my part) silence for the past 2 days. We were trying to work out our situation and calm hurt feelings when I bolted. He meandered in once the alarms went off, and inserted a concern for the well-being of everyone involved. (We fixed things well enough afterwards... goodness I love his hugs!) It was certainly an interesting night, full of all sorts of adventures and wonders

No comments: